All about me

My Life as an Immigrant

Hi my name is Olanre Nwidor. I come from a small tribe that is in West Africa that is called the Ogoni tribe. I left my country because there was increasing violence surrounding my family. I think what pulled me to the Americas was that I expected an easy and prosperous life here. I believed that when I got here I would be sleeping in a soft comfy bed, with running water in my home, and I would be excepted and free, I was wrong. Immigrating to the Americas has made me now have to deal with low-paying jobs and health problems. I nearly quit my job because of high blood pressure. My wife is having troubles too. She is tired from working the night shift as a hotel maid and she attends nursing school while taking care of our two children. I also am pressured by my family to send money back to my home, Nigeria. There are a few high points to my life though. I recently quit my job to become a caseworker helping women who have no homes or money. I am also participating in nursing school. My name is Olanre Nwidor and i appreciate you to take some time out of your life to listen to my story.

Monday, January 6, 2014

What about you?

Do you have any family members that have come from Nigeria?

No comments:

Post a Comment